Erlonat (Erlotinib) belongs to a class of medications called kinase inhibitors, which works by blocking the actions of certain proteins in the body to interfere with the growth of cancer cells and slows their spread in the body. It is mainly used to treat non-small lung cancer in patients when chemotherapy medications have not been effective. It can also be used along with other medications to treat pancreatic cancer that has spread to other areas of the body.
25 mg, 100 mg & 150 mg tablets.
Dosage of the drug
This tablet must be taken after the prescription of the doctor. Typically, an adult patient will be instructed to take between 100mg and 150mg of Erlonat (Erlotinib), at least 1 hour before any meals or snacks and 2 hours after. The tablets should be taken whole and not crushed, split or broken as the medication may be dangerous if it gets on your skin. Wash tablets down with full glass of water.
Note: Not combine it with other medicine dosages. The correct dosage and prescription commonly depend on the patient and the condition being treated. Moreover, over dosage of this drug is strictly prohibited because it could cause you some side effects. Some people have perception that having over dosage of tablets can produce better and faster result. It doesn’t work in such a way rather it could produce negative results. Moreover, if you forget to have dosage of the drug, you don’t have to intake the twice tablets for managing the missing dosage.
- If any woman is undergoing through the pregnancy period, she must avoid having Erlonat 150 mg drug.
- Immediately proceed to your nearest emergency department if you suffer an allergic reaction. Symptoms usually associated with such a reaction include difficulty breathing or swallowing, chest tightness, swelling, skin rashes, and hives.
- Medicines with the aspirin ingredients must be avoided or taken after the permission of doctor.
- Erlonat is not always suitable for all patients. Before you begin using this medication, ensure your physician is aware of the following:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have any allergies
- If you have any other illnesses, disorders, or medical conditions
- If you are using any other drugs or medication
- If you are using any vitamins, herbal products or supplements.
Patients using Erlonat (Erlotinib) may experience the following side effects:
- Severe or persistent nausea
- Upset stomach
- Loss of appetite
- Irritated or dry skin
- Mouth sores
Contact a doctor immediately should side effects persist or encounter more severe side effects such as:
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Unusual fatigue, weakness
- Signs of infection – coughing, fever
- Black, bloody or tarry stools
- Eye irritation or pain
- Vision or speech problems (inward growing eyelashes)
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pains
Natco Pharma Ltd. (INDIA)